Your Thermostat Is the Center of Your HVAC System
Servicing Thermostats of All Kinds
At Cross Country Mechanical, we take great pride in the fact that we can install, replace, or upgrade any kind of thermostat. We have experience with home thermostats, commercial thermostats, industrial thermostats, digital thermostats, smart thermostats, Nest thermostats, and much more. That’s because our team is made up of seasoned HVAC journeymen. We are proud to bring that pedigree and experience to the communities of Spruce Grove, AB, and the surrounding areas.
A lot of people overlook the condition of their thermostats, but that could be a big mistake. Your thermostat’s job is to read the temperature in your indoor areas and tell the air conditioner or heater when to kick on and how long to stay on. When your thermostat isn’t working properly, it could be costing you more on your utilities at best, and leave you without proper heating or cooling at worst. If you feel like your thermostat isn’t working correctly or simply want an upgrade, it’s important that you act as soon as you can. When the time comes, be sure to dial our number here at Cross Country Mechanical.
Why Thermostats Are Important
It’s easy to overlook a device that is so small, and one that often gets taken for granted. However, your thermostat provides you and your home with many benefits, including:
- Accurate Temperature Control – Modern thermostats are programmable and very accurate. They compare the programmed temperature to the ambient temperature in your living spaces, giving you the power to control the temperature in your home or place of business.
- Monthly Savings – Programmable thermostats can save you up to 15% on your monthly heating and cooling bills. That’s why so many consumers are looking into Nest thermostat installation, as Nest systems are some of the most advanced and accurate.
- Convenience – Speaking of Nest thermostats, did you know that you can control them with your phone? Nest systems and other smart thermostats allow you to control the mode (cooling, heating, fan, etc.) and temperature settings from anywhere in the house.
When Is It Time to Replace a Thermostat?
You may be looking at your old thermostat and wondering if it needs to be replaced. While every HVAC system is different, here are some tell-tale signs that you may need thermostat replacement:
- Spiking Energy Bills – If your HVAC usage rates have not changed very much, but you are seeing increases in your utility bills, the problem could be a faulty thermostat.
- Missing Temperature Display – A programmable thermostat will show you what the current temperature is and what the programmed temperature is. If the thermostat is not displaying one or both of those temperatures, it may need to be replaced.
- Delayed Activation – If your HVAC system is not turning on even when the programmed temperature is reached, the problem could be with your thermostat.
What Type of Thermostat Is Right for You?
The type of thermostat you will need will depend on your specific HVAC system. In general, there are two kinds of thermostats that are in use today:
- Electromechanical – An electromechanical thermostat uses coils and mercury. As the temperature fluctuates, the coils expand or contract, pushing the mercury to one side of a scale or another. Depending on where the mercury is positioned, the heater or AC will be activated.
- Digital – Digital thermostats are more modern and more accurate. Instead of coils and mercury, they use microprocessors and electric temperature sensors. They are also programmable.
At Cross Country Mechanical, we offer a no-obligation consultation so we can help you determine exactly the kind of thermostat that will work for your needs.
Contact Cross Country Mechanical
We are the right choice for thermostat installation because we take great care to inspect your HVAC system and determine the specific cooling/heating needs of your property. Our services are customized because we know no two customers or HVAC systems are the same. Get an accurate thermostat that will last a long time by working with us at Cross Country Mechanical.
- Licensed and Certified
- Competitive Pricing
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Professionally Trained Journeymen
- High Quality Products
- Excellent Customer Service
- Quality Workmanship