Cross Country Mechanical Offers Reliable HVAC Maintenance in Edmonton & Spruce Grove
During cold winter nights and warm summer days, you want your home to be a constant place of comfort, always at your ideal temperature. In order for your HVAC system to do this for you, it needs proper care throughout the year. Luckily, you can leave this service to the professionals at Cross Country Mechanical. We provide HVAC service maintenance in Spruce Grove, Parkland County, Edmonton, and surrounding areas. Our qualified technicians will do a thorough inspection and performance test of your system, so you know it’s ready for the season ahead. Call us today to schedule heating and air conditioning service at your Edmonton home or business.
Benefits of Regular HVAC Service
To perform at its best, your heating and air conditioning systems need regular service, usually once in the spring and once again in the fall. Heating and air conditioning service is the best way to stay comfortable year-round in the changing Edmonton weather. When you rely on us for regular HVAC maintenance, you’ll notice a considerable difference in how your system runs, including all of these benefits:
- Reduced energy costs: If your system is running without any glaring issues, you may think everything is fine, but you could be missing something important. Pay attention to your energy bills. If they’re steadily increasing, it could be because your system needs maintenance. A neglected system will begin to lose the ability to heat and cool your home with the same efficiency as it did in years past. A properly maintained system will keep your home more comfortable without using as much power, keeping your energy costs at a reasonable level.
- Fewer unexpected repairs: Regular tune-ups catch potential problems early, so you won’t have to worry about an unexpected repair and the cost that comes with it. In this way, scheduled maintenance of your system actually pays for itself.
- Increased comfort: A clogged filter or a dirty, dusty air conditioning or furnace unit can significantly affect its ability to keep your home comfortable. You may find that some rooms of your home stay very humid or hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter. A well-maintained system will warm or cool your entire home evenly to improve your overall comfort.
- Lower risk of system failure: Without proper HVAC maintenance, you run the risk of your entire system breaking down in the middle of the heating or cooling season. This leaves you without your furnace or air conditioner when you need it most. When you schedule inspections yearly, you significantly reduce your risk of complete system failure, so you can sleep comfortably each night.
- Longer equipment life: A well-maintained system will be cleaner and more efficient, meaning the components will not have to work as hard to keep up with the demands of the thermostat. Reduced wear on the components of your system results in a longer lifespan, so you won’t have to replace your system as frequently.
- Safer system operation: If your system is failing, but you’re unaware, you could be putting your entire home and family at risk. Regular tune-ups will catch any problems that may be a fire hazard, as well as any damage that could result in carbon monoxide leakage. This ensures your family and home stay safe.
What’s Included in our HVAC Maintenance?
Heating and air conditioning service should be completed on a semiannual basis in order to keep your system in the best condition possible. At Cross Country Mechanical, we provide HVAC maintenance in Spruce Grove, Parkland County, Edmonton, and surrounding areas for both commercial and residential systems. Our qualified technicians will arrive and do a thorough check of your system and its internal components, testing its performance and ensuring it’s ready for the season ahead. We’ll provide different services depending on whether we are checking your furnace or air conditioning unit. Our HVAC maintenance services include:
- Check fuel line connections
- Inspect ductwork checking for damage and leaks
- Calibrate thermostat
- Check for any gas leaks
- Thoroughly inspect and clean burners and exchangers
- Perform a safety test to check for carbon monoxide
- Check function of the ignition system
- Tighten and lubricate any wiring, electronics, or connections
- Monitor the voltage and amperage of the blower and draft motor
Air Conditioning Unit Maintenance
- Lubricate any moving parts in the system
- Inspect inside evaporator cooling coils
- Clean outdoor condenser coil
- Check the compressor and capacitor of the indoor blower motor
- Monitor the system during a cycle to check temperature differential
- Thoroughly check the ductwork for any leaks
- Ensure refrigerant pressure has a proper charge
Some Furnace and Air Conditioning Maintenance Items You Can Do Yourself
Though the complex tasks of HVAC maintenance should be completed by a qualified technician, there are a few general maintenance items every homeowner can do to improve the function of their system. These are focused more on keeping the outside of the unit clean. All internal components should only be handled by a professional. These small tasks will help to keep your system clean between our visits each spring and fall. Make sure you still keep your twice-annual appointments with a professional even if you complete the items on this list:
- Change your HVAC filter every month or follow the indicator light on your system that tells you when it’s time to change it.
- Keep leaves, sticks, and other debris away from the outdoor unit.
- Use a hose to wash off any dirt that begins to accumulate on the outdoor unit.
- Ensure foliage around the outdoor unit is trimmed to leave a clearance of 18 inches.
- Move any drapes, rugs, or furniture that are blocking indoor supply or return registers.
Call Us for HVAC Maintenance in Edmonton, AB
Is it time for your annual heating and air conditioning service? If so, then you need to call Cross Country Mechanical. We have been serving the Spruce Grove, Parkland County, Edmonton, and surrounding areas for more than 90 years and are here to ensure your system is running at peak performance. Call us today to schedule service at your home or business.
- Licensed and Certified
- Competitive Pricing
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Professionally Trained Journeymen
- High Quality Products
- Excellent Customer Service
- Quality Workmanship